Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hair experts?

In September, I went to a salon and permanetly put platinum blond highlights into my hair, but didn't like it, so about a week later, I did an all-over coloring of goldon blond. I kept the highlights, too, and it looked really cool.



Anyway, I'm getting these really long, ugly roots now and I kind of want to get my hair dyed an all-over permanent chocolatey brown-ish color.



My questions are: What would the effect be on my hair if I went to my salon and asked for a permanent chocolatey-brown color all-over coloring??? Would there still be highlights, and in what color?? Would my color turn out beautiful or a really funky color?? And would it be too harsh on my hair if I did this or not (I have thick, strong hair, too). ABOUT HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST??



Also... (I know this is really long), but would it be too harsh if I did this AND a thermal straightening?



Hair experts?

That and a thermal straightening would be too much in one day for sure. As for cost, you would have to call the salons you are interested in as they all vary in prices. Around here you could count on at least $65.00.



Your hair would be chocolaty brown with lighter bits in it due to your former highlights. But they would NOT still be blonde.



Hair experts?

Well...Dying your hair dark is actually healthier for you hair, because it doesn't involve bleach. Your hair would be in better condition. If you still want highlights, tell your hairdresser to dye your hair all over brown, and then put in a few golden highlights when she's finished. It will look fine. As long as you get it done in a salon and not box dyed. Price range varies in every salon, I go to a very exclusive, expensive one. It depends on if your hair dresser is a top stylist or not.



As well, I don't know if you're talking about using a hair straightener or getting it professionally straightened. Hair straighteners won't ruin your hair, but getting it chemically straightened WILL!!! My friend got it done and her hair is a fried disaster. Just stick to the hair straightener, and remember to put some kind of protective straightening cream in your hair before you straighten and blow dry it, just to keep it shiny, soft, and smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd